Running a slow computer is one of the most annoying thing on earth. But over time, computer users cannot do without complaining about a sudden decrease in their computer speed as the computer grow in age. And the questions being asked is that, “does the age of a computer affect it’s speed?” Actually the perfect response to that question is NO! The age of a computer is not a factor that determine it’s running speed. That is why i would be sharing tips that can help you increase your computer running speed.
1. DELETE ALL UNUSED PROGRAMS/FILES: Having tons of unused applications, files and program on your computer would contribute to the slow running speed of your computer. Because all this files requires a space on your hard disk which will eventually reduce your computer efficiency, because they exhaust the space on your computer hard disk without serving any particular purpose. That’s why you should check through your computer and get rid of applications that you’ve once used before but you’re not using anymore, delete files that are of no use.
2. DON’T USE MORE THAN AN ANTIVIRUS: Most computer users think that they only way to protect their computer is by installing as many anti-virus software they can get on their computer. Having series of antivirus application on your computer will reduce your computer running speed. I would always recommended an anti-virus software, coupled with a registry cleanser.
3. ROUTINE CHECK: This is one of the most important way to keeping you computer healthy is by performing a weekly routine check on your computer. Scan the whole computer memory and get rid of all malwares.
4. USE EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE: This option is a very vital one as i have used this method to keep my computer healthy and increased the running speed. For pro computer user, I’ll advice that you get an external hard disk that you can store all your important documents on it. By doing this, you’re achieving two things at the same time. The first thing is that, you’re free up space on the primary computer hard drive, and your also making your data and document more secure.
5. DE-FRAGMENTING: This is perhaps the most effective way of free up and arranging data on your computer hard disk. De-fragmenting your disk allows everything to be in order, and this will definitely reduce the CPU memory usage, which will in turn increase your computer running speed.